Training to obtain a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)
Aviassist’s RePL training is designed to equip professionals with a new tool to capture information/imagery safely and efficiently. Competent delivery of training content is an essential component of training, but the ability to make a foreign concept simple while instilling some good aviation safety culture sets AviAssist apart.
Aviation professionals conduct Aviassist’s RePL training with a piloted aircraft background and extensive experience. The Aviassist team have over 29 000 hours of RPAS instruction and 24 000 hours of piloted aviation experience. Content is delivered via a leading online learning management system and Ipads provided during the course are equipped with all the tools required for a thorough but enjoyable course.
Aviassist schedules Remote Pilot Licence training across Australia and reserves over 100 custom course dates a year and will travel to you for groups of three participants or more. The Remote Pilot Licence is conducted over five days, shared between theoretical and practical drone training.
The theory component of the course can be conducted via our “Online Live” virtual classroom or In-person at one of our training venues around Australia.
- Practical training is conducted in-person using the fleet of Aviassist training aircraft.
- Remote Pilot Licence Multirotor 25kgs is conducted using the DJI Phantom 4 and DJI Matrice 600 aircraft
Why Aviassist is an excellent choice for RPAS training
- Flexible training options, Online Live or In-person
- Up to 5 hours of practical training
- Fast issue of the Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)
- Aviassist comes from an aviation background and has the experience necessary to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Professional, experienced instructors, Learn more
- Aviassist is externally audited
- 12-month access to the Aviassist online learning management system
- Industry-leading aircraft
- Discount on industry-leading electronic flight bag Avplan EFB
- Chief Remote Pilot mentor program
- All-inclusive pricing
- Small class sizes
Aviassist courses are all-encompassing and include; an Aeronautical Radio Operators Certificate, all CASA fees and the submission of all CASA paperwork on your behalf. Aviassist’s objective is to ensure graduates are job-ready. Access up to date course material is provided for 12 months with the ability to download an eBook at any time.
Your initial Remote Pilot Licence will see you licensed for Multirotor up to 25kg. Once you have obtained your initial Remote Pilot Licence (RePL), the RePL can be amended to include other weight classes or aircraft types.
Remote Pilot Licence Multirotor 25kg for existing flight crew holders or RePL holders
If you have an existing Remote Pilot Licence or Flight Crew Licence theory pass your previous aviation experience is recognised. Please see the process to upgrade your licence to include Multirotor aircraft up to 25kgs